Piedmont Atlanta Hospital - Atlanta, Georgia
The safe and effective management of extra-corporeal support for the purpose of surgical repairs to the heart and great vessels under the supervision of Level II Staff Perfusionists or the Chief Perfusionist.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited perfusion program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Entry-Level Perfusionist -
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Georgia provisional license required.
1. Prepares for coronary perfusion bypass (CPB).
2. Functions as a competent member of the cardiac team.
3. Conducts CPB.
4. Maintains clinical competency.
5. Documents CPB, QC and test results for ACT among various other records.
6. Participates in equipment maintenance and materials management.
7. Fulfills required annual clinical and/or hospital related competencies