Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital - Athens, Georgia
Responsible for all routine and emergency security activities as assigned by policy or management. Enforces all PHC regulations and applicable state and federal laws. Advocates crime prevention and a secure work environment through observation, interaction, and intervention. First responder to all emergency incidents within the assigned facility.
1. Responsible for all routine and emergency security activities as assigned by policy or management.
2. Enforces all PHC policies, regulations and applicable state and federal laws.
3. Advocates crime prevention and a secure work environment through observation, interaction, and intervention.
4. Responsible for actively monitoring all at risk patients, and intervening in escalating behavior.
5. Will be required to carry non-lethal weapons such as a Taser CEW and/or an ASP baton with proper training.
6. Perform documentation in the medical record.
7. Perform incident documentation and initial incident investigation.
8. Maintaining training and readiness.
9. Executes all interactions with patients, visitors, staff and co-workers with a professional, courteous and helpful demeanor.
10. Maintains a professional appearance. Adheres to departmental uniform and grooming policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Capable of demonstrating basic literacy and satisfactory interpersonal communication skills.Ability to learn and operate computerized security systems, CCTV monitoring equipment, and standard 2-way radios. Ability to type approximately 30 words per minute and enter data on a computer keyboard.
Able to respond appropriately to aggressive behavior and apply physical restraints.Possess public/human relations skills, able to cope with stress and emergency situations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two years of experience in general security, military or other public safety experience.