Piedmont Fayette Hospital - Fayetteville, Georgia
Responsible for patient meal service food on assigned units, e.g., menu selections, tray assembly, delivery and pickup, special requests and needs, in-between meal food delivery. Communicate patient food issues/concerns and needs to team members within the department and interacts with nursing employees in regards to patient nutrition needs or requirements. React accurately and effectively to all changes to ensure efficient timing of services, accuracy of physician’s ordered modified diets.
1. Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
2. Assembles and delivers meal trays according to hospital policy and patient’s menu on tray tickets in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Promptly diffuses and resolves nutritional issues that arise from patients and staff.
4. Interacts with patients and nursing staff to ensure patient diet prescriptions are accurate and food needs are met.
5. Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures.
6. Enters meal orders into CBORD using hand held electronic device.
7. May assists dietitian with monitoring of patients on NPO, clear liquid and full liquid diets and records food intake for patients on intake analysis.
8. Responsible for patient satisfaction on assigned duties.
9. May maintain nourishment stock in all required areas of the hospital, which may include but is not limited to patient rooms, nursing stations and physician lounge(s).
10. May perform duties in retail, prep and sanitation.
11. May serve as backup for other positions and perform other tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Six months previous food service experience in a hospital setting preferred.