Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital - Watkinsville, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: The pharmacy technician assists the pharmacist in providing service to patients and physicians in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as company philosophy, policies and service standards. The pharmacy technician is supervised by the Pharmacist on duty.
1. Assists the pharmacist to ensure that medications provided correspond with valid prescriptions and are dispensed without error
2. Assists the pharmacist to ensure that prescriptions and medications are dispensed in accordance with all Federal and State laws.
3. Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers as able and recommends a pharmacist regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and storage of medications.
4. Actively engages patients and clients with respect to customer service/program integrations offered by the pharmacy and medical system.
5. Handles and resolves customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
6. Assists in the preparation of extemporaneous compounds designed to fit the needs of the patient and requirements of the physician.
7. Responsible maintaining pharmacy inventory, ordering prescription medications, OTC meds, first aid, and disposable durable medical equipment
8. Assists the pharmacist as necessary with third party Rx claim rejection problems and resubmission of rejected claims for payment on a timely basis
9. Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school diploma or GED.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Registration (current) required with the state Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Intern.
Previous experience with retail pharmacy is preferred.