Piedmont Rockdale Hospital - Conyers, Georgia
Responsible for applying Holter and 30 day Event Monitors. Management and transmission of all Transtelephonic Monitoring(TTM)/Remote Monitoring patients’ data.
1. Applies Holter or 30 Day Event monitors to patients.
2. Acquires, reviews, and transmits all of TTM/Remote Monitoring.
3. Inputs data on all Holter Event Monitors into EMR system and forwarding reports to appropriate physician for interpretation and signature.
4. Orders remote monitoring and educates patients and families regarding device operation and troubleshooting; including TTM and Remote follow-up.
5. Maintains and cleans monitoring equipment along with coordinating preventative maintenance of equipment with outsource vendor.
6. Recognizes abnormalities, malfunctions and "End of Service" indicators; relevant alerts, and critical rhythms in remote transmissions; notifies physician and assists in scheduling patients for follow up or replacement as indicated.
7. Responsible for all Holter/Event Monitor reports on the vendor’s website. Presents all abnormal reports to the nurse/MD.
8. Documents TTM/Remote interrogations in Paceart.
9. Inputs device implant data and outlying clinic device checks into Paceart system.
10. Monitors all Lost to Follow-up TTM/Remote patients.
11. Monitors the inventory of all Monitors and orders new supplies as needed.
12. Adheres to TTM/Remote scheduling and billing practices per Medicare guidelines.
13. Appropriately triages Remote Monitoring transmissions. Notifies nursing staff of "Alerts" via staff messaging in Epic electronic monitoring database.
14. Oversees and manages Remote Monitoring site start-ups to completion.
15. Routinely monitors Outlook email, Epic staff message and voice mail for Remote Monitoring enrollment orders and follows up on requests.
16. Monitors and notifies non-Piedmont Heart facilities of Remote Monitoring transmissions (i.e. Kaiser).
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two years’ experience as a holter monitor tech or one year of arrhythmia training. Previous experience in Cardiology.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current BLS from the American Heart Association.
Certified as a Cardiographic Tech (CCT).