Piedmont Athens Regional Physician Services - Watkinsville, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for providing a variety of patient care activities under the supervision of a physician, physician extender, or registered nurse in accordance with established guidelines and standards. Duty assignments vary and include, but are not limited to front office and back office functions.
1. Meets and greets patients.
2. Obtains appropriate patient information and medical history.
3. Accurately completes and documents patient medical and physical histories and other related items in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
4. Records vital signs; Performs EKG, spirometry and or other similar non-complex office procedures.
5. Aids the physician, extender, and or nursing staff during treatment, examination, and or testing of patients - may include injections and immunizations.
6. Prepares and maintains examination and treatment areas.
7. Maintains examination/treatment rooms, including inventory of supplies and equipment.
8. Under the supervision of a licensed personnel, distributes educational information and instructions for patient care, diagnostics, and other appropriate treatments.
9. Coordinates telephone requests to refill prescription drug medications in accordance with physician instructions.
10. Advises physician and or nurse of patient's adverse reaction to medication and/or treatment to medication and/or treatment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School diploma or GED.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: One year of experience in a medical office setting.
Candidate must possess a certification from a recognized (reputable) certifying organization, i.e. American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), The American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), or American Allied Health (AAH).
American Heart Association BLS required.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
School: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or similarly recognized accrediting organization or completion of a Nursing Assistant program.