Performing noninvasive testing for evidence of peripheral vascular (arterial and venous), renal, aorta/iliac and carotid artery disease. Preparing preliminary findings. Able to provide complex technical care with the use of ultrasound technology for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
1. Perform patient evaluations including verifying patient identity using two patient identifiers, reviewing the medical record for orders and prior studies, and addressing patient questions and concerns.
2. Maintain safety and cleanliness of room and equipment according to infection control policy and equipment cleaning policy. Share responsibility of restocking supplies and notifying supervisor of needs. Report any equipment safety or maintenance issues immediately to supervisor.
3. Performs peripheral venous, arterial, carotid, aorta/iliac and renal artery examinations.
4. Completes documentation, post processing, and preliminary interpretation of exam results.
5. Facilitates patient flow within lab and functions as a member of the team and effectively communicates with other members of the patient care team.
6. Participates in rotational training of staff sonographers and student interns.
7. Participates in quality improvement programs as mandated by the vascular accrediting body.
8. Acquire and maintain training and competency in electronic health record system as required to perform duties.
9. Participate in rotational training of staff sonographers and student interns.
10. Participate in call rotation and weekend coverage if applicable.
11. Maintain personal competency file.
12. Transport and move / position patients.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of registry approved ultrasound program or equivalent experience according to Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC).
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
AHA Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required.
Registered as one of the following:
Vascular Technologist (RVT) through American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS) through the Cardiovascular Credential International (CCI)
Registered Technologist Vascular Sonography [RT(VS)]
Two years of experience in a hospital inpatient, outpatient/ ambulatory setting as a vascular sonographer preferred.