Coordinates inpatient and observation patient room assignments in collaboration with physician’s offices, Emergency Department, Surgical Services, Critical Care and Medical/Surgical floors in order to facilitate patient flow and provide optimum service to all patients and physicians. Provides efficient and appropriate utilization of beds in all areas.
1. Facilitates room assignments for all inpatient and observation admissions and transfers.
2. Responsible for bed court.
3. Responsible for Star Quick Registration for all Direct Admit patients.
4. Responsible for accuracy of inpatient/observation patients admission and discharge status.
5. Communicates with others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
Ability to use TeleTracking bed programs.
Good knowledge of medical terminology and surgical procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school graduate or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Two (2) years of college preferred