Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital - Athens, Georgia
1. Assist patients and staff as directed
2. Responds to patient/family problems, questions, complaints and concerns
3. Coordinates special services for patients, family, and visitors (e.g., foreign language or sign language interpreters, parking, meal tickets, Guest Center, notary public services, etc)
4. Promotes Patient Relations services and Patient Representative activities by maintaining visibility and visiting patients/families as appropriate
5. Collects and analyzes data regarding patients/families complaints, concerns and needs and reports trends for quality improvement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES Superior skills in written and verbal and interpersonal communication.
Ability to establish and maintain rapport with patients, family members, visitors, and hospital staff.
Ability to remain calm under pressure and stress.
Excellent leadership and organization skills.
Basic computer literacy.
Ability to adapt to irregular schedules and an increasingly demanding volume of work.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One year experience in a healthcare or medical office area position requiring interaction with healthcare patients, physician offices and/or multiple hospital departments.
2-3 years working with complex customer service situations preferred.
Two year college or Associates Degree with an emphasis in Social and Behavioral Science or Public Relations related field preferred.