Performs a variety of tasks in the preparation of meals, interprets recipes, cooks and assembles large volumes of food for the cafeteria, patient, and catering meals.
1. Ensures quality customer service throughout the food production by assembling ingredients to prepare foods according to standard recipes and diet orders.
2. Reads and interprets recipes and prepares food items according to instructions and recognized safe food handling practices.
3. Executes the food production process which includes measuring, weighing, portions, labeling and food substitutions for allergies; ensuring food waste is kept to a minimum.
4. Ensures all foods are cooked to correct temperature, and maintains temperature charts on a daily basis in accordance with the HACCP Program.
5. Detects and reports improperly prepared food or food that does not meet standards.
6. Maintains sanitary cleaning standards throughout the cook area as outlined in the sanitation manual following the HACCP program.
7. Sets up and prepares supplies and equipment for daily food preparation to include all equipment and units. 8. Operates and monitors proper functioning of equipment; follow all safety procedures for using the equipment and chemicals.
9. May assist with other duties in specialty stations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES Computer knowledge preferred.
Strong customer service skills and proven ability to professionally interface with the public, and with staff while working in close, hot areas.
Must demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills.
Good organizational and time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
Ability to read, and write and understand and follow instructions, to interpret recipes, to use fractions to modify proportions and to mix, measure and/or prepare ingredients.
Ability to demonstrate safe food handling practices.
PRN - DAY SHIFT
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three years� experience as a cook required. Years spent in Culinary School may substitute for years of experience.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Serve Safe certification preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.