Piedmont Medical Care Corporation - Newnan, Georgia
This position will provide coverage for the Newnan and Peachtree City pulmonary offices.
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for providing a variety of patient care activities under the supervision of a physician, physician extender, or registered nurse in accordance with established guidelines and standards. May function as the primary support for the physician, and/or assists with complex procedures, therapies, and tests.
1. Meets and greets patients.
2. Obtains appropriate patient information and medical history.
3. Accurately completes and documents patient medical and physical histories and other related items in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
4. Records vital signs; Performs EKG, spirometry and or other similar office procedures.
5. Aids the physician, extender, and or nursing staff during treatment, examination, and or testing of patients - may include injections and immunizations.
6. Prepares and Maintains examination/treatment rooms, including inventory of supplies and equipment.
7. Under the supervision of a licensed personnel, distributes educational information and instructions for patient care, diagnostics, and other appropriate treatments.
8. Coordinates telephone and inbasket requests to refill prescription drug medications in accordance with physician instructions.
9. Advises physician and or nurse of patient's adverse reaction to medication and/or treatment to medication and/or treatment.
10. Attends required meetings, in-services, and participates in committees as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School diploma or GED.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Two years of experience in a medical office setting.
Candidate must possess a certification from a recognized (reputable) certifying organization, i.e. American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), The American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), or American Allied Health (AAH).
American Heart Association BLS card is required.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
School: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or similarly recognized accrediting organization or completion of a Nursing Assistant program.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.