Piedmont Regional FirstCare - Athens, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: Operates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic radiographs and performs routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices. Provide patient services using imaging modalities. Provides patient care to all age groups to include neonatal, pediatrics, adult, and geriatrics.
1. Demonstrates competence and proficiency in performing all radiological procedures on patients of all age groups. Positions patient, selects the correct protocol, and utilizes all required equipment.
2. Maintains competencies for all related components.
3. Accurately follows all established imaging protocols for exam being performed.
4. Provides quality age specific care in accordance with prescribed standards and practices.
5. Adhere to the Radiation Safety Policies and the principles of a viable dose reduction
6. Provides patient education and communications in accordance with prescribed standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Must be able to operate many types of x-ray equipment, including fluoroscopy rooms, radiography rooms, portable x-ray units, mobile c-arms, cysto equipment and other x-ray producing equipment.
2. Must be able to provide other technologists instruction on the same equipment.
3. Must be able to produce quality radiographic exams.
4. Must deliver SAFE care in accordance with the Alwaysafe program.
5. Must use AIDET with every encounter and be proficient with service recovery.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAWRegistered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (R).
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.