Piedmont Fayette Hospital - Fayetteville, Georgia
Responsible for performing assigned Finance functions and activities to support the needs of a large, complex hospital entity. This includes, but is not limited to, performing project accounting, developing business cases, conducting variance analysis, developing department level budgets, measuring and tracking of new services, and conducting labor analysis. Works collaboratively with entity department leaders and other Finance departments to develop and deliver management reports and meaningful insights from data to further decision making.
1. Assists with hospital budget and forecast development, as well as reports on interim progress toward budgeted objectives on a regular basis. Works with hospital departments as a resource for budget and forecast development. Maintains budget and updates as necessary for respective departments and physicians.
2. Uses statistical, economic, and financial principles and techniques to perform business performance analyses and prepare management reports. Interprets data and makes recommendations concerning financial trends, labor analyses, business forecasts, profitability of new services, and department, location, and physician level performance to assist Hospital Finance Director with decision support.
5. Assists Hospital Finance Director with hospital level project and cost accounting.
7. Works collaboratively with department managers, physicians, and corporate departments in analyzing financial information.
8. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as required.
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in Business, Finance, Accounting or closely-related field.
Five (5) years of progressive work experience in financial/operational analysis, in a multi-entity healthcare provider environment, preferred
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Possesses advanced computer skills with a strong knowledge of spreadsheet programs. Experience with database and decision support systems preferred. Demonstrates ability to perform under stressful and changing circumstances and deadlines. Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.