Piedmont Athens Regional Physician Services - Athens, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for providing a variety of patient care activities under the supervision of a physician, physician extender, or registered nurse in accordance with established guidelines and standards.
1. Meets and greets patients;
2. Obtains appropriate patient information and medical history;
3. Accurately completes and documents patient medical and physical histories and other related items in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR);
4. Records vital signs; Performs EKG, spirometry and or other similar office procedures;
5. Aids the physician, extender, and or nursing staff during treatment, examination, and or testing of patients - may include injections and immunizations;
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or GED.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:No experience required
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:None
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:ACLS through the American Heart Association: required as needed by the practice.
School: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or similarly recognized accrediting organization or completion of a Nursing Assistant program.
Previous experience in medical office environment, such as internship
Certification: Candidate must possess a certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or a similarly recognized certifying organization
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.