Piedmont Henry Hospital's Nurse Horizon's program is for any Registered Nurse with at least 6 months experience working as an RN. The program is designed to provide a pathway for nurses wanting to transition into a new area of specialty nursing.
Nursing departments that will participate in the Winter Cohort:
Outpatient Surgery is the only department participating at this time
The Nurse Horizon's participant will attain more clinical experience, knowledge of pathophysiology, and critical thinking skills to facilitate transition into a new specialty area of professional nursing practice.
- Depending on departmental placement, consists of 9-16 weeks of education, support, hands-on experience with equipment and mentoring.
- Provides clinical training and instruction while allowing you to work on a nursing unit.
- Clinical training may consist of day, night and weekend shifts.
Program start date will be January 2019. During the program, the Nurse Horizon's participant will receive a staff nurse salary with full-time benefits. The program requires a 2-year commitment.
As a staff nurse, you will provide nursing care to patients from birth through the lifecycle utilizing nursing processes to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care for patients. You will function within the framework of the policies and procedures of the organization and demonstrate professional growth and accountability. The staff nurse is responsible for maintaining standards of practice, coordinating patient care activities of all assigned staff in the provision of quality nursing care.
To be considered for the Nurse Horizons Program, you must meet the following criteria:
FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS:
- Be eligible for transfer per policy guidelines
- Be a current Piedmont Henry Hospital employee
- Must have completed 1 year of RN Residency program if currently working under Residency Contract Agreement
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS:
- Have at least 6 months of continuous work experience as a licensed RN
- Current unrestricted Georgia RN licensure
- 6 months of continuous work experience as a licensed RN
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current AHA-approved BLS certification
- Additional certifications, such as ACLS and NRP, may be required for certain departments.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.