Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital - Athens, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with referring hospitals, physicians, social workers, discharge planners and patient care staff to enhance the continuity of patient care in transitioning from hospital to home. Provides education to the hospital team and patients about home care services and assists in obtaining accurate and timely information to facilitate intake and admission to home care services. Aligns efforts with and assists with community and business referral development and planning as needed.
1. Coordinates safe and effective patient transfers from hospital to home care services by establishing and maintaining relationships with discharge planning staff, physicians, referral sources, home care staff, the public and community in a manner that fosters brand loyalty to Piedmont Home Health.
2. Provides information to patients, caregivers and staff to aid in decision making about safe, effective and appropriate home care services.
3. Attends relevant rounds and meetings to facilitate staff education about post- acute services and assist with resolution of clinical concerns for individual patients.
4. Tracks agency patients in a facility to assure care coordination between the home care agency staff and the facility.
5. Stays abreast of competitor activities and programs in order to recommend timely changes in strategy, programs or services offered by the agency.
6. Collects and analyzes data as required to measure effectiveness of service delivery.
7. Coordinates routinely with the Business Development Liaison to assure a seamless marketing strategy and assists as needed with community business development activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Must possess excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with new referral sources and maintain ongoing relationships with existing referral sources to achieve brand loyalty.
Able to identify trends and potential emerging competitive threats to recommend a plan of action.
Must be detailed and accurate with record keeping.
Knowledgeable of laws and regulations impacting health care marketing and referral activities. Possesses the ability to recognize and the willingness to alert management to activities that could pose a risk to the agency, the hospital or the system.
Possess organization skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills for accuracy and completeness in preparing reports and analyzing data and trends.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited social work program or graduate of nursing program required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two (2) years’ experience required as a Social Worker, RN or as a Home Health Liaison, in hospital discharge planning/care coordination or in a Medicare certified home health agency.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Valid Georgia Driver’s license.
If RN: Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse or NLC/eNLC Multistate License required.
Licensed master social worker (LMSW) in state of Georgia preferred.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively individually or in groups with staff, patients or community and external customers.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.