Piedmont Fayette Hospital's Nurse Horizon's program is for any Registered Nurse with at least 6 months experience working as an RN. The program is designed to provide a pathway for nurses wanting to transition into a new area of specialty nursing.
Nursing departments that will participate in the Spring Cohort: ED, Labor & Delivery, NICU, IMCU, Orthopedics, Med/Surg - Cardiology, Med/Surg - Respiratory/Pulmonary, Med/Surg - Telemetry
The Nurse Horizon's participant will attain more clinical experience, knowledge of pathophysiology, and critical thinking skills to facilitate transition into a new specialty area of professional nursing practice.
- Depending on departmental placement, consists of 9-16 weeks of education, support, hands-on experience with equipment and mentoring.
- Provides clinical training and instruction while allowing you to work on a nursing unit.
- Clinical training may consist of day, night and weekend shifts.
Program start date will be February 18th. During the program, the Nurse Horizon's participant will receive a staff nurse salary with full-time benefits. The program requires a 2-year commitment.
As a staff nurse, you will provide nursing care to patients from birth through the lifecycle utilizing nursing processes to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care for patients. You will function within the framework of the policies and procedures of the organization and demonstrate professional growth and accountability. The staff nurse is responsible for maintaining standards of practice, coordinating patient care activities of all assigned staff in the provision of quality nursing care.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a nursing program
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse or NLC/eNLC Multistate License. BLS certification required.
Advanced certification in field of specialty, if applicable. Bachelor�s degree preferred. Nursing Experience in Hospital Setting Preferred.
To be considered for the Nurse Horizons Program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Current unrestricted Georgia RN licensure
- 6 months of continuous work experience as a licensed RN
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current AHA-approved BLS certification
- Additional certifications, such as ACLS and NRP, may be required for certain departments.