Piedmont Walton Hospital - Monroe, Georgia
Responsible for managing the hospital Finance department. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing and monitoring project accounting, business case development, variance analysis, department level budgets, measurement and tracking of new services, and labor analysis. Works collaboratively with entity department leaders and other Finance departments to develop and deliver management reports and meaningful insights from data to further decision making.
1. Supervises overall business performance analyses and decision support activities and provides strategic financial insight to the hospital CFO.
2. Collaborates with PHC Financial Planning and Analysis and Strategic Planning departments to prepare the annual capital and operating budgets (entity and departmental level) in a manner congruent with PHC and local strategic plans and operating goals. Report on interim progress toward budgeted objectives on a regular basis.
3. Works with PHC Strategic Planning and other departments to produce the Georgia Annual Hospital Questionnaire (AHQ), and Hospital Financial Survey (HFS), and other related submissions.
4. Collaborates with PHC Counsel to develop legal documents, including but not limited to leases, subleases, construction contracts and insurance paperwork, for legal counsel’s review and Piedmont Executives’ execution. Responsible for overseeing hospital contracts ensuring that contracts do not lapse or are dissolved when necessary and coordinates with department leaders on specific departmental contracts (i.e., purchased services, maintenance, leases, etc.).
5. Produces, distributes, and explains management reports and analyses that relate to past activity, operational opportunities, service line performance and strategic objectives. This includes standard format Financial Statements, concurrent month-to-date activity, ratio analysis, and coordinating/reviewing departmental responsibility report submissions.
6. Works with department leaders, physicians and vendors to develop financial pro forma’s for new business development opportunities, surgeries, procedures and/or other services.
7. Meets with department managers monthly or quarterly to review departmental budget performance, productivity, staffing plans and capital needs.
8. Acts as Project Manager when necessary, leading and directing departmental Directors with implementation of new business development and construction projects from conception to completion.
9. Identifies and manages continuous process improvement initiatives and drives strategic Finance initiatives.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management or business related field is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of progressive work experience in financial/operational analysis, preferably in a multi-entity healthcare environment, is required OR three (3) years of progressive finance experience with Master’s degree.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Hospital Administration, Accounting, Finance or a closely related field, or designation as a Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels including the ability to explain business metrics that drive financial performance.
Demonstrates strong problem solving, project management, teamwork, and organizational skills.