Piedmont Walton Hospital - Monroe, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE:Responsible for providing senior level support toward the ongoing management of the financial operations of a complex hospital entity. This includes, but is not limited to, leading project accounting, developing business cases, performing variance analysis, developing department level budgets, measuring and tracking of new services, and conducting labor analysis. Works collaboratively with entity department leaders and other Finance departments to develop and deliver management reports and meaningful insights from data to further decision making.
1. Performs hospital budget and forecast development, as well as reports on interim progress toward budgeted objectives on a regular basis. Works with hospital departments as a resource for budget and forecast development. Maintains budget and updates as necessary for respective departments.
2. Collaborates with PHC Financial Planning and Analysis and Strategic Planning departments to prepare the annual capital and operating budgets (entity and departmental level) in a manner congruent with PHC and local strategic plans and operating goals. Report on interim progress toward budgeted objectives on a regular basis.
3. Serves as a mentor and leader to junior level financial analysts.
4. Uses statistical, economic, and financial principles and techniques to perform business performance analyses and prepare management reports. Interprets data and makes recommendations concerning financial trends, labor analyses, business forecasts, profitability of new services, and department, location, and physician level performance to assist Hospital Finance Director and CFO with decision support.
5. Coordinates with hospital finance leadership and the Physician Enterprise as needed to help support information sharing, communications, performance improvement, decision making and other needs, as required.
6. Supports the Finance Director in translating system-wide operating strategies and key performance indicators (“KPIs”) into entity specific initiatives and uses financial analysis to provide insightful interpretations for decision making.
7. Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in Business, Finance, Accounting or closely-related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of progressive work experience in financial/operational analysis, preferably in a multi-entity healthcare provider environment, required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospital Administration, Accounting, Finance or a closely related field is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Possesses advanced computer skills with a strong knowledge of spreadsheet programs. Experience with database and decision support systems preferred. Effective written and oral communication skills. Demonstrate leadership skills. Detail oriented. Ability to think critically, creatively and be innovative. Demonstrates ability to perform under stressful and changing circumstances and deadlines. Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.