Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital - Athens, Georgia
Performs a variety of patient care activities in accordance with established standards and practice.
1. Triage incoming telephone calls; responds to questions regarding medications and treatment instructions; coordinates telephone request to refill prescription drug medications in accordance with physician’s directions and protocols.
2. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with clinical nursing standards; observes, records, and reports patient’s condition; advises physician of patient’s adverse reactions to drugs and/or treatments.
3. Provides patient education and teaching under the direction of a physician; answers questions regarding diagnostic testing and treatment.
4. Dresses wounds according to standard clinical procedures.
5. Administers and monitors IV fluids and medications as necessary.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Successful completion of an accredited registered nurse program OR bachelor’s degree in nursing.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
State of Georgia Licensure as a registered nurse required.