Perform minor level maintenance and repair work on a wide variety of Medical Center plumbing, electrical, heating, air conditioning, facilities and equipment; troubleshooting pneumatic tube system; perform routine vehicle maintenance and assume independent responsibility for the overall maintenance of assigned Medical Center facilities during other than normal working hours.
1. Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and equipment & maintain keys.
2. Perform routine vehicle maintenance.
3. Maintain bed operations and repair.
4. Log calls received; minor repair work on plumbing, electrical, heating, air conditioning and equipment as required; notify appropriate engineer or supervisor if immediate action is required.
5. Make minor repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment as needed. Check temperature settings, clean and/or change filter; oil or grease motors.
6. Respond immediately to fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property; as directed by Lead Engineer, Supervisor, or Manager
7. Assist in removing equipment from rooms as appropriate.
8. Inspect and operate pneumatic tube system.
9. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Knowledge of Life Safety codes in addition to regulatory codes and regulations.
Good working knowledge of HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
Ability to operate all mechanical and hand tools associated with the work.
Must be able to diagnose problems and make needed repairs.
Must be able to work independently and resolve problems.
Must be able to use computerized systems.