Responsible for performing all Controller functions related to the financial and accounting reporting of
their assigned entity which includes, but is not limited to, an individual or group of hospitals, physician
practices, or corporate functions. Maintains the integrity of the assigned entity’s Balance Sheet, Income
Statement, Cash Flow Statement and any supporting schedules and documentation required by
Piedmont Healthcare policy and procedure or audit requirements. May supervise others and is
responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and quality of the work of supervised staff. Works collaboratively
with the assigned entity’s leadership (e.g. CFO, staff, and departmental leaders) to validate the accuracy
and gain approval of the assigned entity’s financial statements. Maintains strict confidentiality with all
patient, employee, and company information.
1. Prepares, reviews, and posts journal entries relating to the assigned entity’s business. This may
include, but is not limited to, accounting for Revenue Cycle; contractual allowances and bad debts;
allocations; leases; and physician guarantees.
2. Performs periodic reconciliations of balance sheet and income statement accounts in accordance
with Piedmont Healthcare policies and procedures.
3. Prepares month end financial statements and ad hoc reports covering the financial operation of the
4. Participates in the month-end financial close process including representing Accounting in
discussions with the assigned entity’s CFO, staff, and departmental leaders.
5. Performs senior-level professional accounting tasks including, but not limited to, Medicare/Medicaid
Cost Reports, external and specialized audits, reconciling bank accounts, special accounts receivable
and payable billings, and managing MD compensation (if applicable to his/her assigned entity).
6. Coordinates, completes, and maintains information for governmental, industry, and regulatory filings.
7. Coordinates and participates in preparing work for both internal and external audit requests.
8. Understands the impact of the accounting department’s activities, decisions, and accounting
treatment on the financial information used by the organization.
9. Provides consultative, technical and decision-making support to management and supervision
regarding financial and/or operational improvement and program development in departments in the
10. Maintains key relationships with entity Finance staff to ensure integration and alignment with policies,
procedures, and strategies.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration, Business Management, or business related field is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of progressive work experience in an Accounting role, preferably in a multi-entity healthcare
provider environment, is required.
A Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) is preferred.