Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing wiring, electrical equipment and fixtures. Maintains and repairs mechanical, electrical, plumbing, TV and security systems in the facility. Maintains the facility in accordance with DNV guidelines and Life Safety Codes. Perform hands on duties including service orders, preventative maintenance and various other requests, verbal and written. Strong working knowledge of NFPA 25, 70, 99, 72 and 110. Provide budget requests to management.
1. Ensures lighting fixtures, ballasts, bulbs and lamp holders are functioning.
2. Adjusts or replaces switches, relays, timers and breakers.
3. Monitors motors, motor starters and controls to ensure proper performance.
4. Trouble shoots electronic and electrical equipment in need of repairs.
5. Performs preventive maintenance on Medical Air, Medical Suction, and Medical Gas systems.
6. Conducts bench work on miscellaneous electrical equipment and appliances.
7. Provides follow-up of work performed to measure effectiveness.
8. Repairs low voltage equipment and controls
9. Test and operate generators as outlined per NFPA 99 and 110.
10. Perform Monthly P.M.’s on infant abduction system.
11. Perform Monthly P.M.’s on elevator fireman recall system.
12. Perform Repairs and Maintenance on pneumatic tube system.
13. Uses measures to reduce or eliminate cost.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
Strong Knowledge of Life Safety Codes.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years’ experience as Electrician
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Journeyman or Georgia State Masters Electrical Contractor License (Non-Restricted or Restricted)
Valid Georgia driver’s license & adhere to Piedmont's Healthcare Vehicle Safety Program policy 3500 criteria preferred. MVR will be conducted
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.