Serve food and process payments for patients, employees, and visitors in the cafeteria. Reads and clears register and accounts for money properly. Assists with other food service tasks as needed.
1. Perform functions necessary to ensure proper payments/charging of cafeteria customers.
2. Promptly diffuses and resolves issues that arise from patients and staff.
3. Perform preparations necessary to open and close the cafeteria promptly including securing doors and turning on/off equipment.
4. Performs cleaning duties to ensure adequate sanitation standards throughout the department.
5. Displays good customer service skills.
6. Works on the cafeteria serving areas contributing to the service of cafeteria meals when needed.
7. Stock and refill food, beverages and supplies as needed using FIFO (First In First Out) methods.
8. Takes temperatures of foods and refrigerators in compliance with food safety standards.
9. Performs all food service duties in accordance with HACCP principles.
10. May serve as backup and perform tasks in other areas as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school education or GED equivalent preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
ServSafe preferred. One year of cash handling in a retail setting or equivalent preferred.