Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing wiring, electrical equipment and fixtures. Maintains and repairs mechanical, electrical, plumbing, TV and security systems in the facility. Maintains the facility in accordance with DNV guidelines and Life Safety Codes. Perform hands on duties including service orders, preventative maintenance and various other requests, verbal and written.
1. Ensures lighting fixtures, ballasts, bulbs and lamp holders are functioning.
2. Adjusts or replaces switches, relays, timers and breakers.
3. Monitors motors, motor starters and controls to ensure proper performance.
4. Trouble shoots electronic and electrical equipment in need of repairs.
5. Performs preventive maintenance on Medical Air, Medical Suction, and Medical Gas systems.
6. Conducts bench work on miscellaneous electrical equipment and appliances.
7. Provides follow-up of work performed to measure effectiveness.
8. Repairs low voltage equipment and controls
9. Observes cost cutting measures and recommends cost savings ideas.
10. Uses measures to reduce or eliminate cost.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
3 years of Maintenance Tech experience to include electrical experience.
Experience may be substituted if graduate from a Electrician program.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.