Responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue for current and prospective donors. This position is responsible for preparing timely communications and reports to donors as well as establishing and maintaining donor relationships In addition, this position will focus on effective database management and reporting, stewardship event logistics and donor stewardship acknowledgements. This position will need to work with a high degree of independence, and juggle various projects at once, while maintaining a clear view of how each project supports the organization’s mission.
1. Develops and implements donor engagement and fundraising strategies for current and prospective donors.
2. Maintain donor relationship management database, including updating donor records, data entry and pulling reports and queries.
3. Executes timely communication with donors as to the impact and outcome of a donor’s private gift.
4. Regularly audit donor acknowledgements, gift agreements and other communications for accuracy, impact and usefulness.
5. Produces timely and regular communication to target donors for information regarding the various entities and departments in the systemand the overall impact of private support to Piedmont Healthcare.
6. Establishes and maintains an effective relationship with all partners of Piedmont Healthcare for Development purposes.
7. Assists in activities associated with individual door program to include solicitations, recognition events and cultivation activities.
8. Maintains a current knowledge of the philanthropic community, i.e., how others in the non-profit community are doing and where donors loyalty and support resides.
9. Follows current events at a local, state, regional, national and international level so as to better understand the dynamics that affect healthcare and the philanthropic environment.
10. Attends educational seminars and meetings, as approved, for professional development.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in a communications or business-related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Proven experience in managing relationships with customers.
Development experience preferred with knowledge of major gifts, planned giving and annual giving.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.