Piedmont Atlanta Hospital - Atlanta, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: The Social Worker strives to promote patient and family wellness, improved care outcomes, access to appropriate hospital and community resources, and manages, supports and develops comprehensive transitional care plans for patients with complex and psychosocial needs in Inpatient and Emergency Department (ED) environments.
1. Assesses, evaluates, plans and coordinates community services.
2. Advocates for services to meet the specific patients / family complex need.
3. Conducts high risk assessments within timeline required by departmental and regulatory guidelines.
4. Coordinates with Care Manager daily.
5. Conducts psychosocial assessments.
6. Provides patients / family members with Community Resources.
7. Coordinates the transition to post-acute care services (Hospice, Home Health, Skilled Nursing Facility, etc.).
8. Coordinates as needed with other members of the care team.
9. Organizes family meetings and/ team conferences.
10. Works with the treatment team to provide solutions for complex cases (i.e. Behavioral Health and/or barriers to discharge).
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Masters degree from an accredited social work program required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Prefer a minimum of two (2) years of experience in an acute or post-acute setting. Licensed master social worker (LMSW) in state of Georgia preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.