Piedmont Walton Hospital - Monroe, Georgia
The staff nurse provides nursingcare to patients from birth through the lifecycle utilizing nursing processesto assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care for patients. He/shefunctions within the framework of the policies and procedures of theorganization and demonstrates professional growth and accountability. The staffnurse is responsible for maintaining standards of practice, coordinatingpatient care activities of all assigned staff in the provision of qualitynursing care.
1. Performs patient assessments toinclude collection of data regarding the patients physical, psychosocial andhealth history.
2. Appropriately evaluates thedevelopmental age of the patient when performing assessments, treatments andpatient/family education.
3. Organizes patient data into theformulation of a plan of care; identifies additional information needed andmakes care decisions based on identified needs. Identifies expected patientoutcomes.
4. Carries out plan of care toachieve desired patient outcomes.
5. Provides patient care that isspecific to the setting, identified needs and plan; ensures that the careprovided is appropriate to the severity of the disease, condition, impairmentor disability.
6. Oversees activities of ancillaryand support team members.
7. Identifies teachingopportunities and provides the resources necessary for achieving theeducational goals of the patients.
8. Communications issues/concernsto the Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager and/or physician as appropriate.
9. Documents patient care andconcerns in the patient record.
Ability to handle stressfulenvironments
The above information is intendedto describe the general nature and level of work being performed by peopleassigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list ofresponsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
New Graduates of a nursing programeligible
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONREQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State ofGeorgia as a Registered Nurse or NLC/eNLC Multistate License.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.