Piedmont Healthcare Corporate - Atlanta, Georgia
This is a Highly visible role working with both Piedmont Atlanta Hospital AND the Brand New Heart Tower!
This is a Monday thru Friday position, 6:30 AM to 3 PM!
You will be working closely with OR Nursing.....with Implant, Bone and Tissue banking for Surgical Services in the Supply Chain entity.
Maintains inventory requiring a high degree of specialization or product knowledge, including implants and/or human tissue products.
Partners with vendors and end users to effectively manage consigned products. Responds to queries from Administration, Risk Management, Supply Chain, Finance, physicians and others.
Provides analysis and input during the preparation of annual budget. Maintains performance metrics and ensures assigned areas are hitting targets set by management.
Responsible for working with customers to ensure a positive supply chain experience, and must be able to effectively communicate with management, staff and physicians.
1. Provides customer service to assigned areas, ensuring all supply needs are met. Communicates with staff, management and physicians to ensure their needs are met proactively. Accountable for ensuring critical products in assigned areas are available when needed, thus preventing the interruption/delay of care.
2. Partners with vendors and end users to effectively manage consigned inventory as directed by management.
3. Coordinates procurement of vendor managed inventory (i.e. bill-only) and/or instrument repairs, ensuring that requisition paperwork is complete and that purchase orders are requested in a timely manner according to applicable policies and procedures. Processes special requests according to departmental guidelines as directed by management.
4. Ensures that tissue products and other implants are managed according to established regulatory guidelines. Maintains chain of custody and disposition documentation and ensures that device tracking information is submitted to vendors when required by law.
5. Adds or removes items from par locations as directed by management. Inventories and restocks supply locations in assigned areas using the Materials Management Information System. Manages lead times for non-stock items, monitors backorders, and communicates with buyers and/or vendors as needed to expedite supplies.
6. Performs maintenance on assigned stocking locations, manages par levels, and ensures that stock is presented according to applicable standards, is rotated, and is regularly checked for expiration. Assists management in preparing reports detailing inventory of high dollar items
7. Processes the return of unneeded stock items to distribution center and unneeded non-stock items to vendors.
8. Procures contracted items using procurement punch-out applications, and requests contracted item adds to the MMIS as directed by management.
9. Assists end users and management in the development of procurement requests for minor equipment. This may include obtaining budgetary quotes and performing basic product research on behalf of requesters.
10. Responds to product recalls as directed by management.
11. Assists management with administering the vendor credentialing program. Ensures that vendors are following applicable policies and procedures as it relates to access and security. Escalates any violations to management.
12. Performs other duties as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or equivalent or a combination of education and directly applicable related work experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
5 years of experience in healthcare supply chain or an equivalent in inventory supply chain required
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with strong customer focus required.
Ability to operate office equipment, computers, fax, copier, etc. required.
Strong office computing skills including proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Access preferred.
Must be able to understand and utilize the inventory, distribution, and receiving capabilities of the MMIS system.
Must be able to adapt to change at a rapid pace. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and push wheeled carts weighing up to 800lbs over hard surfaces.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.