Piedmont Healthcare Corporate - Atlanta, Georgia
Responsible for design, development, and maintenance of databases.
Heavy focus on data conversion and data integration supporting back-end processes support financial and clinical applications and reporting.
Create scripts for data maintenance or bug fixes. Review, analyze and document data and workflow processes.
Manage the maintenance of relational databases including job scheduling, problem diagnosis and performance tuning.
Implement data models and database designs.
Assist in the resolution of database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
1. Design, develop and maintain database schema object including tables, indexes, stored procedures, and user-defined functions for database applications.
2. Create scripts and DTS packages for data integration, data maintenance or bug fixes.
3. Develop proactive working relationships with employees both inside and outside the team. Consult with Business Intelligence staff to determine business and functional requirements and identify solutions to resolve those needs.
4. Analyze, define and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, auditing, reporting requirements and production configuration.
5. Write and maintain functional and technical specifications.
6. Create test plans, test data sets and automated testing to ensure all components of the system meet specifications.
7. Analyze code for problem resolution and performance optimizations.
8. Provide technical consulting and respond to error reports, problems or questions.
9. Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of experience developing relational database applications with a primary focus on complex SQL joins, creating scripts in a development environment, testing scripts in a quality assurance environment and implementing large data updates into production databases.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Strong data analytical skills.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.