Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital - Athens, Georgia
The safe and effective management of extra-corporeal support for the purpose of surgical repairs to the heart and great vessels under the supervision of the Chief Perfusionist.
1. Prepares for Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB).
2. Functions as a competent member of the cardiac team.
3. Safely Conducts CPB.
4. Maintains clinical competency.
5. Documents CPB, QC and test results for ACT among various other records.
6. Participates in equipment maintenance and materials management.
7. Fulfills required annual clinical and/or hospital related competencies
8. Supports Mechanical Circulatory devices, initiating and transporting from outside of the facility when necessary.
9. Performs other duties as required that are within scope of practice and professional license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and emergency situations.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited perfusion program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Georgia provisional license required.
BLS required. ACLS preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.