Piedmont Walton Hospital - Monroe, Georgia
Responsible for a variety of routine safety and emergency security activities while safeguarding students,
employees, visitors, patients and property. First responder to all emergency incidents within the assigned
• Maintains security of the hospital, professional buildings and parking lot/deck.
• Responsible for a variety of safety routine and emergency security activities
• Perform incident documentation and initial incident investigation.
• Responsible for actively monitoring all at risk patients and deescalating difficult situations.
• Respond appropriately to aggressive behavior and apply physical restraints.
• Perform documentation in the medical record.
• Enforces all PHC policies, regulations and applicable state and federal laws.
• Directs traffic when needed
• Assists patients/visitors by giving directions and responding to emergencies.
• Advocates crime prevention and a secure work environment through observation, interaction, and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Capable of demonstrating basic literacy and satisfactory interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to learn and operate computerized security systems, CCTV monitoring equipment, and
standard 2-way radios.
• Possess public/human relations skills, able to cope with stress and emergency situations.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills
required of the personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or GED required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One year of experience in general security, military or other public safety experience.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Valid Driver’s license & adhere to Piedmont's Healthcare Vehicle Safety Program policy 3500
Certified Healthcare Security Officer (IAHSS) preferred
Georgia Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.) certification preferred
Ability to type approximately 30 words per minute and enter data on a computer keyboard preferred
Carry non-lethal weapons such as a Taser CEW and/or a baton required
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.