Piedmont Walton Hospital - Monroe, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: Operates ultrasound equipment to perform clinical diagnostic ultrasound exams and routine invasive procedures according to established standards and practices. Provides patient services using imaging modalities. Provides patient care to all age groups to include neonatal, pediatrics, adult, and geriatrics.
1. Demonstrates competence and proficiency in performing all diagnostic ultrasound
procedures on patients of all age groups. Positions patient, selects the correct protocol,
and utilizes all required equipment.
2. Maintains competencies in all non-scanner related components.
3. Accurately follows all established imaging protocols for exam being performed.
4. Performs quality control procedures in accordance with the ACR guidelines.
5. Provides quality age specific care in accordance with prescribed standards and practices.
6. Provides patient education and communications in accordance with prescribed standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
1. Must have a strong knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy
2. Must be able to perform quality Ultrasound examinations in accordance with all standards.
3. Must be able to provide other technologists instruction on the same equipment.
4. Must deliver SAFE care in accordance with the Alwaysafe program.
5. Must use AIDET with every encounter and be proficient with service recovery.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of an AMA approved Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program or equivalent experience according to Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC).
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: None
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: ARDMS registered and/or RVT, RVS, RT(S), RT(VS).
Licensure requirement for Breast Ultrasound can be met with registration through ARRT (BS).
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: BLS certified.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.