Piedmont Cartersville Medical Center - Cartersville, Georgia
The Sr HR Generalist works in partnership with the Centers of Excellence to provide a high level of
service to the entity by advising and assisting management and employees on employee issues and
concerns through communicating, interpreting and recommending appropriate use of human resource
policies, procedures, and services. The Sr HR Generalist develops and executes human resources (HR)
practices to support and improve the daily operations of their supported entity.
1. Advises and assists management and employees to respond to employee issues and concerns by
interpreting applicable HR policies and procedures by making responsible recommendations.
2. Serves as a specialist, liaison capacity for compensation, training, organizational development,
employment, systems, and HR planning and development.
3. Implements and coordinates HR programs supporting organizational objectives for creating and
maintaining a model work place, including but not limited to, promotional career advancement
programs, employee participation and input vehicles, and management development and training.
4. Partners with Compensation/Total Rewards COE to ensure entity positions are graded/laddered and
leveled appropriately. Ensures all documentation is in place and Job Evaluation packet is complete
and makes initial recommendation on placement in the Career Pathways framework.
5. Utilizes Project Management methodologies to lead projects within entity or that cross over multiple
6. Provides staff support on implementing major organization-wide projects.
7. Leverages the Centers of Excellence to provide comprehensive HR support to employees.
8. Identifies problem employee relations areas that impede organizational progress; recommend
appropriate interventions and/or other corrective actions as needed.
9. Conducts employee investigations.
10. Recommends practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee experience and
promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
11. Interprets policies and procedures to employees and managers; guides staff in accordance with
12. Provides front line customer service as needed.
13. Facilitates and manages NEO (New Employee Orientation) for entity in accordance with corporate
14. Demonstrates and drives Piedmont’s Purpose and Values.
15. Assists with the training of new HR staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Strong working knowledge of local, state and federal employment law.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Skill and ability to work with others including leaders.
• Ability to exercise effective judgement, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
• Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
• Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or an
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of combined HR experience in a specialist of generalist capacity, with at least one (1)
year of focused experience conducting employee relations investigations and handling employee
Solid track record of successfully implementing HR programs and initiatives.
Extensive knowledge of HR core competencies: recruiting, benefits, compensation, technology, training,
organizational development, and learning and development.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Master’s degree, PHR or related certification preferred.
PeopleSoft experience preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.