Performs patient assessments, general respiratory care procedures and protocols, arterial blood gas puncture and analysis, maintenance and management of all basic equipment, and patient education.
1. Performs basic patient assessments.
2. Performs advanced patient assessments.
3. Initiates, evaluates and manages all types of oxygen delivery systems/ therapy.
4. Documents all procedures accurately and completely per departmental guidelines.
5. Administers medications via nebulizers, meter dose inhalers(MDI), and dry powdered inhalers(DPI)
6. Performs quality controls and maintains proficiency in obtaining, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting arterial and venous blood gas samples.
7. Ensures basic airway management and clearance.
8. Initiates, monitors, and manages effectiveness of non-invasive mechanical ventilation.
9. Performs other shift-specific, and therapeutic/ diagnostic procedures.
10. Manages cost.
11. Communicates with others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Good verbal and written communication skills
Excellent clinical decision making skills and critical thinking to assess patient care
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associates Degree in Respiratory Care Sciences or two years experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) and licensed by the State of Georgia under the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners, BLS credential required,
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.