Our purpose, our promise – to make a positive difference in every life we touch.
Program will begin in November 2021
The RN Residency Program at Piedmont Healthcare is for new graduate Registered Nurses. The program is designed to help the Nurse Resident attain more clinical experience, knowledge of pathophysiology, and critical thinking skills to facilitate transition into professional nursing practice.
• Depending on department placement, consists of 9-16 weeks of education
• Unit specific preceptorship
• Online learning modules
• Didactic learning
• Opportunities available in Acute Care, Critical Care, Emergency Dept, Women’s Services, Cardiovascular/Progressive Care, Transplant, and more!
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Patient Centered Care
- Dedication to quality, safety, and service
Our Compensation and Benefits
- Career pathways
- Continuing education opportunities
- Competitive pay
- 401K (6% match after 1 year/1000 hours worked)
- Named by Becker’s as one of the top 150 places to work in healthcare nationally.
- Certified as a Great Place to Work, a designation based on positive employee feedback about workplace culture and their experience
- AJC Top Workplace list for 4 consecutive years
- Named by Forbes as one of the Top Ten Employers in Georgia
Responsibilities: The staff nurse provides nursing care to patients from birth through the lifecycle utilizing nursing processes to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care for patients. He/she functions within the framework of the policies and procedures of the organization and demonstrates professional growth and accountability. The staff nurse is responsible for maintaining standards of practice, coordinating patient care activities of all assigned staff in the provision of quality nursing care
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Leadership Skills, Effective Communication Skills, Initiative, Independent Judgment, Ability to handle stressful environments
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a nursing program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
New Graduates of a nursing program eligible
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse
BLS certification required.
Bachelor's degree preferred
Advanced certification in field of specialty, if applicable
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.