Piedmont Newton Hospital - Covington, Georgia
Administration of the Respiratory Care Department, defining and maintaining standards of practice for service delivery and organizational performance strategies consistent with Piedmont Healthcare. Responsible for establishing the Respiratory Care Department’s objectives in collaboration with other clinical and operational stakeholders including key physicians and other health care disciplines involved in the management of the Respiratory Care population. Serves as part of a collaborative management team focused on promoting the Mission, Vision, and Values of Piedmont Healthcare and the Respiratory Care Department, embracing a person-centered philosophy while promoting Respiratory Care Services across the continuum and enhancing value-driven outcomes. Responsible for designing the organizational structure to support services for Respiratory Care populations, ensuring high quality patient care and enhancing accountability for value-driven outcomes.
1. Develops standards of performance, policies and procedures for designated areas of responsibility.
2. Organizes the areas of responsibility in accordance with administrative guidelines in order to provide specified Respiratory and patient care services to meet organizational, regulatory privacy and Medical Staff guidelines.
3. Maintains safe work environment and culture, promotes excellence in customer care.
4. Oversees planning, growth and strategic initiatives for assigned departments.
5. Functions in an advisory capacity to executive leadership in evaluating proposed changes as they relate to these departments.
6. Directs implementation and ensures compliance with standards of Respiratory and professional practice that promotes optimum health care delivery along the lifecycle continuum.
7. Identifies opportunities for improved customer value.
8. Manages Patient/Physician/Staff Satisfaction.
9. Serves as part of a collaborative management team focused on promoting the Mission, Vision and Values of Piedmont Healthcare. Writes and/or edits collateral material for marketing and public relations purposes including but not limited to brochures, fliers, fact sheets, bios, and letters.
10. Supervises performance of and timekeeping for assigned staff.
11. Develops and monitors the master staffing plan.
a. Assures the most efficient use of FTE’s based on staffing model, skill mix, experience and licensure.
b. Accountable for appropriate staff coverage on a daily basis.
c. Works in concert with the Lead in the planning and implementation of a staffing model.
12. Maintains positive and productive professional relationships with the Medical Staff.
a. Communicates effectively with the Medical Staff.
b. Keeps physicians apprised of process changes, policies and procedures.
c. Solicits physician input for the development and implementation of protocols, order sets, policies and procedures.
d. Serves as the Respiratory leader for appropriate Medical Staff meetings, formulates in conjunction with the physician chairman, the meeting agenda.
e. Recruits and encourages physician involvement in the QI process and team participation.
f. Focuses on Core measure performance assisting the Medical Staff in meeting the expectations.
g. Communicates hospital issues.
13. Serves as a resource to the staff supervised and the organization at large.
a. Maintains current knowledge of Respiratory trends, processes and procedures utilized in the industry.
b. Provides support via education/assistance during the introduction of new processes or procedures.
c. Exhibits accountability for accreditation or regulatory agency readiness by actively leading appropriate teams.
d. Maintains current knowledge of regulatory standards and applies expectations to the development of processes for compliance.
14. Exhibits accountability for operational expenses.
15. Maintains safe work environment and culture, promotes excellence in customer care. Manages quality patient care and quality patient outcomes. Coordinate quality initiatives and process improvement strategies that improve unit based and hospital based score cards.
16. Manages and mentors Human Resources, keenly aware of efficiencies and maximizing productivity.
17. Collects and analyzes data to improve performances. Manages, implements and effects change.
18. Maintains clinical/technical proficiency and may provide direct patient care.
19. Provides direction to staff, collaborates in decision making and encourages staff participation at all levels to meet unit based objectives.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy Sciences or equivalent certification program required.
Bachelor’s of Science degree preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of five years of progressive work experience in respiratory care and minimum of three years of progressive management experience required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); has and maintains a current licensure as a Respiratory Care Professional in the state of Georgia. Current BCLS certification required.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.