Assessment Specialist, Behavioral Health, PRN, Piedmont Macon Hospital
Job Number: PMM-89602-662-PRN
Piedmont Macon Medical Center - Macon, Georgia
The Assessment Specialist, in conjunction with the Intake Manager, coordinates the pre-admission assessment process and provides clinical assessments for potential patients. The Assessment Specialist responds to all calls for information related to psychiatric resources and inquiries about psychiatric services offered. The Assessment Specialist assists callers with accessing the most appropriate level of service and service provider, to meet the needs of the patient. This position works collaboratively with the Intake team to perform behavioral health assessments and coordinate psychiatric resources and information for patients. #GD IND000 #LI-POST
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field and holds a professional license as an independent mental health professional within the State of Georgia or;
- Associates’ or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Master’s preferred, with experience as outlined below.
- Licensed to perform clinical assessments to determine level of care needs and to provide a diagnostic impression according to the current version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual required.
- Must hold and maintain current licensure as a mental health professional, such as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or RN license (for RN prefer at least 3 years in an applicable mental health environment) in the State of Georgia.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- CPI Certified within 90 days of hire required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Prefer 1-3 years’ experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting (3 years minimum required for RN’s).
- Prefer 1-3 years’ experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting for non-nurses.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Able to type, at minimum, 40 WPM.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an ability to adapt to and learn new computer software.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks.
- Understand and be able to train on all the state and federal standards regarding behavioral health assessment, petition, medical screening and patient rights.
- Able to follow established policy and procedures when performing job functions.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.