Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Performs patient assessments and testing, provides patient education, and monitors compliance with prescribed therapies related to pulmonary diseases and sleep disorders.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy Sciences.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Previous Working Experience in Respiratory care, or successful completion of department specific orientation including skills validation of competencies for the duties and responsibilities of this level.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care and Licensed by the State of Georgia under the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners.
Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
1. Timely completion of prescribed testing and/or therapies.
2. Patient education.
3. Medication administration.
4. Accurate documentation in electronic medical record.
5. Calibration and maintenance of equipment.
6. Serves as a resource for other clinical staff.
1. Six-minute walk testing.
2. Body Box testing.
3. Niox testing.
4. Overnight oximetry testing.
5. Oxygen orders.
6. Assist provider with any necessary oxygen/ pulmonary testing requested.
7. In-basket management.
8. O2 CMN management.
9. Patient call management.
1. Proper set-up of initial device for patients
2. Maintaining proper supplies for patient needs
3. Compliance monitoring for patients on equipment
4. Ongoing communication with patient and provider to ensure the patient maintains compliance.
5. Knowledge of common issues patients may experience while on DME equipment for education with patient.
6. In-basket management
7. Paper DME CMN management
8. Patient call management
9. Assist provider with any necessary DME related request.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
1. Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
2. Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology and pulmonary anatomy
4. Knowledge of commonly used practices and procedures within the field of pulmonary and sleep medicine
5. Knowledge and ability to operate various equipment related to pulmonary diseases and sleep disorders
6. Ability to work effectively with industry vendors and customers.
7. Ability to provide good interpersonal skills and work as a member of a team.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.