Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Responsible for maintaining and repairing heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems. Maintain the safe operation of highly complex systems and equipment. Specific systems may include: electronic/pneumatic environmental controls, fan powered boxes and auxiliary
equipment (various pumps, heat exchangers, air compressors, etc.) chiller operations, BAS controls, pump operations, water treatment program, air handler units, VAV’s, walk-in coolers and freezers, refrigerators, ice machines and boiler operations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school diploma or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of Maintenance Tech experience to include HVAC experience.
Experience may be substituted if graduate from a HVAC program.
For systems that include BAS controls, experience must include one (1) year of commercial/healthcare HVAC/HVAC BAS experience or graduation from a BAS program.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
EPA – Universal Certification
Valid Georgia driver’s license & adhere to Piedmont's Healthcare Vehicle Safety Program policy 3500criteria preferred.
1. Check and record readings on a regular basis, on equipment and systems.
2. Maintain, troubleshoot and repair systems that may include boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, VAV boxes, PIU and fan coil units.
3. Respond appropriately to incoming calls from patients, visitors and staff. Follow-up on all in-complete request with supervisor and requestor.
4. Maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing and other systems in the facility.
5. Perform preventative maintenance duties on equipment and systems.
6. Keep and maintain accurate record and logs on equipment, systems and grounds as required.
7. Maintain high standard for building and grounds.
8. Performs and documents physical assessment clearly and concisely
9. Participates in the operation of the care environment by completing the appropriate logs on equipment, systems and grounds.
10. Repairs kitchen equipment
11. Test and operate generators as outlined per NFPA 99 and 110.
12. Repair ice machines.
13. May be required to read blueprints, as-built drawings and wiring diagrams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
• Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of Life Safety Codes.
• Strong Knowledge of Conditioned Air System Code.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.