Piedmont Walton Hospital - Monroe, Georgia
Administers aerosol therapy, chest physical therapy and oximetry evaluations to non-critical patients Performs Basic Life Support activities Teaches and demonstrates respiratory care activities to patients and their representatives cleans, assembles, sets up and maintains equipment and supplies. Perform non-invasive respiratory care procedures as ordered under the supervision of a licensed Respiratory Therapist.
1. Perform basic respiratory care modalities under the direct supervision of a licensed respiratory therapist
2. Performs basic patient assessments
3. Initiates, manages and maintains basic oxygen delivery systems on the floors
4. Administers respiratory medications via nebulizer, MDI and DPI.
5. Performs oxygen saturation checks, exercise oximetry’s and bedside pulmonary function testing.
6. Disassembles, cleans, reassembles, tests functionality, and packages durable supplies.
7. Performs inventory and replenishes Respiratory Care supplies in designated areas.
8. Perform other inventory and respiratory equipment responsibilities under the direction of the lead respiratory therapist.
9. Replenishes, organizes and monitors medical gases
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent critical thinking skills
• Proficiency with Windows-based computer applications
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Currently enrolled in an AMA approved respiratory care program and completed one semester.
Active student status must be maintained and documented. Must submit letter of recommendation from Program Director for consideration of employment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Must have completed a student respiratory floor therapy rotation
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current certification in BLS required.
Must be actively practicing and maintaining all required respiratory care competencies.
ACLS required post completion of second semester of respiratory care program or within 60 days of hire.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.