Piedmont Healthcare Corporate - Atlanta, Georgia
Implementing and supporting the strategic vision for assigned Billing and Cash Application functions within Patient Financial Services (PFS). Providing direction for operational, administrative, financial, and managerial functions relative to Billing and Cash Application functions. Functions that report to this position include hospital-based third-party billing, enterprise (hospital-based, physician-based, and all self-pay) cash posting, and others as assigned.
The incumbent serves as the leader of Billing and Cash Application for the system to internal and external organizations, including government agencies, payer organizations, external auditors, and business partners.
1. Work with PFS executive leadership to develop, implement, and oversee effective and consistent operational policies, processes, tools, and educational materials within all Billing and Cash Application functional areas.
2. Support and manage the operational performance and productivity of hospital-based Billing activities against pre-defined policies and KPI goals/targets.
3. Support and manage the operational performance and productivity of hospital-based, physician-based, and self-pay Cash Application activities against pre-defined policies and KPI goals/targets.
4. Work with supporting management staff to identify and track billing and cash application issues and trends (both internal and external); communicate issues/trends to PFS/Revenue Cycle leadership and assist in developing actionable solutions.
5. Develop and maintain “super user” capabilities in Epic applications and all other related information systems, tools, technologies, and processes; assist other employees as needed to ensure all tools are fully utilized to create an efficient and effective department.
6. Complete annual performance reviews for employees in conjunction with management/supervisory staff and ensure that they receive timely feedback and performance/quality and training issues as appropriate.
7. Complete disciplinary action as required.
8. Create a work environment for employees through team building, coaching, constructive feedback, work delegation, personal example and goal setting that encourage creativity, open dialogue on work issues, professional growth, and a consistent, high level of performance; encourage and supports employee decision-making within his or her scope of responsibilities.
9. Monitor and facilitate service level agreements (SLAs) between Billing and Cash Applications and other related functions within both Revenue Cycle and Clinical operations.
10. Manage relationships with payer representatives, vendors, and all other third-party organizations involved in Billing or Cash Applications functions.
11. Build strong relationships and facilitate productive communication between key Revenue Cycle stakeholders, including peer leaders of Revenue Cycle services and core support departments (e.g., human resources, business support services, finance).
12. Participate in and, where appropriate, lead cross-functional Revenue Cycle projects.
13. Perform any special assignments as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Excellent written communication, verbal communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
Self-directed with the ability to work with various stakeholders and teams
Ability to make quality, independent decisions as well as the ability to collaborate effectively to make decisions with other leaders
Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines and multiple interruptions
Superior analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to craft, communicate, and align/motivate teams to the established departmental and corporate vision, by utilizing the capacity to simultaneously balance both the big picture strategic perspective and attention to detail
Dedication to treating both internal and external constituents as clients and customers, maintaining a flexible customer service approach and orientation that emphasizes service satisfaction and quality
Act as an enthusiastic coach and leader with demonstrated ability to recruit, mentor, train and develop employees, and monitor performance
A demonstrated ability to use PC based office productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel) as necessary and PC based financial tools (spreadsheets, data bases, financial planning software and graphics, Microsoft preferred) effectively for analyses and presentations; general computer skills necessary to work effectively in an office environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
At least seven (7) years of overall experience in hospital Revenue Cycle operations, preferably within Billing and Cash Applications; at least five (5) years of management/leadership experience within Revenue Cycle operations.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
PFS Revenue Cycle operations management, consulting, and/or project management experience for at least seven (7) years. Leader or member of a Revenue Cycle transformation effort where key functions were reviewed for standardization and centralization. PFS Operations/Revenue Cycle leadership in a multi-hospital and employed physician environment. Previous experience using or implementing Epic. A Master’s Degree from a recognized college or university in Health Care Administration or Business Administration preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.