Piedmont Macon Medical Center - Macon, Georgia
In coordination with PHC System Oncology leadership, providing strategic and operational leadership for the oncology service line offering continuum of services for patient, payer and physician. Guiding development of the overall oncology leadership structure, quality initiatives and outcomes and creating goals and plans for growth of the service line. Planning, implementing, directing, monitoring and promoting all current and new clinical and supportive cancer programs and services. Formulating budgets and ensuring appropriate profitability and/or revenue maximization for the oncology service line; working with PHC system marketing to implement marketing strategy and promotional tools to communicate the core messages of the cancer program and managing all human resources aspects of the service line. Overseeing entity participation in the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Commission on Cancer Accreditation (CoC) through the system’s Integrated Cancer Network Program (INCP), as well maintaining the standards required by the affiliation with MD Anderson’s Cancer Network.
1. Ensures that administrative and operational processes occur daily and on an ongoing basis.
2. Provides human resources management.
3. Provides operational direction.
4. Provides strategic direction.
5. Coordinates with PHC System Marketing to enhance utilization and awareness.
6. Measures quality and outcomes to ensure the provision of quality patient care services.
7. Enhances customer satisfaction.
8. Communicates with others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
• Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelors degree in healthcare or business administration from a recognized college or university.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
7 years of leadership experience in oncology services
Working knowledge of the health care industry and visionary leader who identifies opportunities for improved customer value. Ability to coach, mentor, and empower staff to do their work; computer literate; ability to perform under stressful and changing circumstances and deadlines; ability to delegate responsibilities and ensure they are rendered effectively.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.