Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Performing patient assessments, general respiratory care procedures and protocols, critical care procedures in adult care areas, blood gas analysis, maintenance and management of all equipment and patient education.
1. Performs basic patient assessments.
2. Performs advanced patient assessments.
3. Ensures documentation.
4. Administers medication.
5. Proficient in arterial blood gas/ co-oximetry, interpreting and reporting of results.
6. Inserts, maintains, and documents arterial lines per protocol.
7. Ensures basic airway management and clearance.
8. Ensures advanced airway management and clearance.
9. Initiates, monitors and manages invasive mechanical ventilation.
10. Initiates, monitors and manages non-invasive positive pressure ventilation.
11. Performs special procedures.
12. Safeguards patient care equipment and maintains fiscal responsibility
13. Contributes to quality and outcomes.
14. Functions as preceptor
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy Sciences
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and Licensed by the State of Georgia under the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners.
Current certifications in BCLS, ACLS. Must be actively practicing and maintaining all required competencies. One (1) year of experience in performing professional respiratory duties preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.