Piedmont Macon Medical Center - Macon, Georgia
Under the Direction of the Vice President of Patient Services/Chief Nursing Officer has administrative and operational responsibility for assigned departments, including management of cost and finance, human resources, operations, quality of care and clinical outcomes, patient, physician and staff satisfaction, change management and any other relevant responsibilities related to this position. Serves as part of the management team and Shared Governance Model focused on promoting the mission, vision and values, of PHC and Nursing Professional Practice, embracing a person-centered philosophy while promoting patient- family centered services across the continuum and enhancing value-driven outcomes.
1. Develops standards of performance, policies and procedures for designated areas of responsibility.
2. Organizes the areas of responsibility in accordance with administrative guidelines in order to provide specified nursing and patient care services to meet organizational, regulatory privacy and Medical Staff guidelines.
3. Leads staff members.
4. Manages, implements and effects change
5. Maintains safe work environment and culture, promotes excellence in customer care.
6. Oversees planning, growth and strategic initiatives for assigned departments
7. Functions in an advisory capacity to the Vice President of Patient Services in evaluating proposed changes as they relate to these departments.
8. Directs implementation and ensures compliance with standards of nursing and professional practice that promotes optimum health care delivery along the lifecycle continuum.
9. Identifies opportunities for improved customer value.
10. Manages Quality Patient Care and Quality patient outcomes
11. Manages Patient/Physician/Staff Satisfaction.
12. Collects and analyzes data to improve performances
13. Serves as part of a collaborative management team focused on promoting the Mission, Vision and Values of Piedmont Healthcare.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Thorough knowledge of hospital and departmental policies and procedures and organizational structure.
Ability to coach, mentor and empower staff
Ability to perform under stressful and changing circumstances and deadlines.
Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a School of Nursing.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of 7 years of nursing experience to include a minimum of 3 years of progressive management experience required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.