Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Department Specific Criteria:
JOB KNOWLEDGE / PRODUCTIVITY
1. Completes work within acceptable time limits.
2. Uses time wisely.
3. Demonstrates the ability to set priorities.
4. Able to perform several tasks simultaneously during peak workload situations.
5. Ensures accuracy and completeness of work performed.
6. Maintains a clean organized work area.
7. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures in performing job duties.
8. Uses policy and procedure manual and other reference material to ensure proper course of action.
9. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices, emergency procedures and personal protective
equipment to protect self and others from exposure to chemical, radiation, and infectious hazards.
10. Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
11. Follows through with assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete tasks.
COMMUNICATION / CUSTOMER SERVICE
1. Interacts and communicates with co-workers in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative
2. Listens to constructive criticism in a productive manner.
3. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to assist others.
4. Responds to supervisor's requests for information and assistance in a courteous manner and within
5. Displays courteous behavior to customers and guests.
6. Strives for customer satisfaction
7. Meets the hospital’s quality/safety initiatives as it applies.
DEPENDABILITY / INITIATIVE
1. Ability to work independently and/or as part of the team as the situation dictates
2. Reports to supervisor any suggestions for positive change or recommendations to department policies
3. Recognizes duties to be performed although not directly assigned.
4. Demonstrates enthusiasm and self-motivation in performing job duties.
5. Willing to adjust schedule in case of workload fluctuations or other departmental/hospital needs.
6. In light work situations, consults supervisor for additional assignments or independently seeks additional
7. Exhibits willingness to master new work routines and methods.
8. Stable and reliable attendance.
EDUCATION / DEVELOPMENT
1. Learns new procedures and protocols.
2. Consults or reviews written protocols to clarify uncertain aspects.
3. Completes annual mandatory In-Service requirements.
4. Attends department meetings (reviews and signs minutes when unable to attend) and In-Service training programs to remain current.
5. Assumes responsibility for continued professional development.
HOSPITAL / DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1. Accepts and supports changes in hospital and departmental policy.
2. Competent as appropriate in prevention, contamination and transfer related to Infection Control and
3. Competent in the effective and safe use of required equipment.
4. Observes hospital mission statement, philosophy, goals and objectives including meeting Code of
Conduct and Service Excellence requirements.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances require (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel and/or workload, urgent tasks, technical developments, etc.)
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.