Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Charge Nurse (RN), NICU, Full-Time Days, Piedmont Eastside
Coordinates the delivery of quality nursing care for patients from birth through the lifecycle, as well as operational issues during his/her shift. Provides clinical care as needed when census demands. Communicates patient care, departmental issues, and staff concerns to the appropriate leader(s). Serves as resource for guidance and assistance to the staff.
1. Coordinates delivery of quality nursing care to include facilitating patient flow in coordination with Bed Control, Patient Access, or Administrative Supervisor to include triage, admissions, discharges, and transfers.
2. Monitors patient care delivery, to include appropriate implementation of protocol, administration of medications, and treatment modalities.
3. Communicates patient flow/patient care issues to appropriate physician and/or clinical manager.
4. Coordinates issues of diversion, as appropriate.
5. Coordinates equitable distribution of staff assignments based on skill mix, staffing levels, patient diagnosis, volume, and acuity. Adjusts assignments as needed during the shift.
6. Fairly and equitably administers departmental and hospital policies.
7. Assists the clinical manager, as necessary, to ensure appropriate staffing levels and most efficient use of staffing plan.
8. Monitors census and appropriately anticipates the need to assume clinical role as needed.
9. Maintains a high level of clinical competency in administering nursing care to include accurate determination of patient’s acuity and Implements appropriate medical response to include use of protocols/policies/pathways.
10. Promptly reports issues that cannot be resolved during the shift to clinical manager, with suggestions for resolution.
11. Ensures that system issues involving other departments, that can cause decreased quality of care or productivity, are reported to the clinical manager.
12. Promotes customer satisfaction by responding to service issues in a timely and effective manner.
13. Serves as a resource and a role model for the nursing and ancillary staff on the assigned unit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Leadership Skills
• Effective Communication Skills
• Independent Judgment
• Ability to handle stressful environments
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a nursing program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year of nursing experience in a hospital setting required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse or NLC/eNLC Multistate License.
BLS certification required.
Two (2) or more years of nursing experience in a hospital setting preferred.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Advanced certification in field of specialty, if applicable (see addendum).
Demonstrated clinical competency.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.