APP - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist - $20,000 Sign On Bonus - Piedmont Macon
Job Number: 1071456
Piedmont Medical Care Corporation - Macon, Georgia
As a member of the team, a CRNA is an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) who practices under the medical direction of anesthesiologists to deliver high-quality, patient centered, evidence-based anesthesia services. The CRNA cares for patients at all acuity levels in a variety of settings including but not limited to surgical, obstetrical, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
Clinical responsibilities of the CRNA will be delegated by an anesthesiologist. Care is directed by an anesthesiologist who shares responsibility for the patient. With the direction of the anesthesiologist the CRNA will:
- Contribute to the preoperative collection and documentation of patient data
- Review, request, and order (as permitted by state law), laboratory/diagnostic studies
- Obtain, order, and administer pre-anesthetic medication or treatment
- Develop and implement an anesthesia care plan
- Obtain, prepare, and use equipment, invasive and non-invasive monitors supplies, and drugs for the administration of sedation and anesthesia; perform safety checks as needed
- Select, order, obtain, and administer analgesic and anesthetic agents, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids, or blood products necessary to provide anesthesia services
- Perform all aspects of airway management
- Facilitate emergence and recovery from anesthesia by evaluating patient response, and selecting, ordering, and administering medications, fluids, and ventilator support to maintain patient stability during transfer
- Initiate and administer post-anesthesia pharmacological or fluid support of the cardiovascular system
- Initiate and administer respiratory support to ensure adequate ventilation and oxygenation in the post-anesthesia period
- Evaluate the patient’s response to anesthesia and surgery; take appropriate corrective action during the post-anesthesia period
- Place and manage regional anesthetic techniques, as delineated by his or her clinical privileges or granted special privileges
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to perform clinically as part of an anesthesia care team
- Ability to operate, use, and interpret data from a wide variety of equipment to perform anesthesia care as well as necessary perioperative or operating room care to support the safety and well-being of the patient while they are under the direct care of the CRNA
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required to collaborate with various clinical staff and other disciplines
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control techniques
- Ability to maintain confidential records
- Ability to implement and adhere to facility policies and procedure
- Facilitate the timely delivery of care and efficient function of the OR
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
BA/BS in Nursing with RN Licensure in Georgia and Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year of previous work experience in hospital setting, clinical quality, or performance improvement.
New Grads ecome to apply!
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Georgia Licensure as CRNA
Certified by National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assts(NCCAA)
BLS Certification required
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.