Piedmont Henry Hospital - Stockbridge, Georgia
The Paramedic, under the supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse and/or Physician is responsible for facilitating age-appropriate, culturally and ethnically sensitive care, maintaining a safe environment, educating patients and their families, collecting information, communicating effectively, and utilizing technology. The Paramedic participates in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the delivery of health care services and task. The role of the Paramedic Nurse Extender also, includes patient advocacy, teaching, performance improvement, and the oversight of unlicensed personnel.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1 year of experience as a Paramedic preferred.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current certification as a Paramedic in the State of Georgia required, National Registry preferred
Must be ACLS certified, or be able to become certified immediately.
1. Must have a working knowledge of intramuscular, sublingual, oral, rectal, nebulizers, intravenous, and intravenous push medications-effect, side effects, drug to drug interaction and anaphylaxis protocol. Working knowledge of venous blood sampling, and cardiac monitor knowledge.
2. Working knowledge of the body’s systems to include neurological, respiratory, cardiac, gastrointestinal, primary and secondary trauma assessment.
3. Must have strong customer service, interpersonal skills and be able to work with a team. Responsible for providing safe patient care with an understanding and awareness of age appropriate and culturally aware needs. Able to assess a patient's needs and respond to direction by the Professional Registered Nurse and Physician.
4. Perform EKG'S
5. Perform Foley catheters
6. Start IV'S, IO'S & draw blood.
7. Transport patients to other departments.
8. May be required to monitor patients for arrhythmias and report abnormal rhythms and changes immediately to Charge Nurse and Nurse
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.