Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Performs venipunctures, and obtains/prepares blood specimens in accordance with Piedmont policies and procedures.
1. Performs blood collection in a manner consistent with established laboratory policies and procedures.
Age Specific Population Served:
65 and older
2. Communicates accurate instructions, information and overall assistance to customers.
3. Complies with regulations of all existing applicable state, federal and regulatory agencies.
4. Assists nursing units with difficult sticks
5. Teaches venipuncture to others
6. Maintains and stocks phlebotomy supplies.
7. Assists in performing and recording routine maintenance checks
8. Demonstrates proficiency in the Laboratory Information System.
9. Performs clerical duties as needed
10. Attends regularly scheduled meetings as indicated by Department Supervisor
11. May perform EKG.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School graduate or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
N/A – Entry Level
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
One (1) year of experience as a phlebotomist preferred
Phlebotomy certification through ASCP, ASPT, NCA or equivalent agency is preferred.
Basic knowledge of venipuncture/phlebotomy is preferred.
Experience working in a hospital preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.