Cardiovascular Tech, Full-Time Days, Piedmont Eastside
Job Number: 1072226
Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served
- Functions as scrub person and monitor person during procedures in cardiac cath lab.
- Assists in pre, post, and intra-operative care of the patient undergoing procedures in the cath lab.
- Department Specific Criteria:
- Performs scrub according to policy.
- Monitors patients during procedures using Mac Lab/Cardio Lab per policy, and documents case info in case log.
- Circulates during case and monitors patient, and ensures physician and scrub personnel have supplies as needed.
- Assists with pre and post procedure documentation of patient care.
- Prepares supplies and instrumentation according to physician’s preference cards and scheduled procedure.
- Demonstrates aseptic technique.
- Accurately performs surgical counts according to policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates proper use of instruments, equipment, suturing, and cath lab monitoring equipment.
- Follow departmental policy for proper use of personal protective equipment during procedures.
- Prepares and properly disposes of sharps, blood, and waste according to policy and procedure.
- Functions as a departmental preceptor as assigned.
- Assists in preparing cath lab for procedures and performs assigned duties during cath lab procedures.
- Assists team members in selecting and preparing routine supplies, instruments, and equipment for surgical procedures.
- Checks all instruments and equipment for workability prior to usage, displaying knowledge of instruments and equipment.
- Assists in returning equipment and instruments to proper locations in accordance with cath lab policy.
- Assists in procuring supplies and instruments in accordance with physician’s preference card, knowledge of the procedure, and anatomy involved.
- Identifies and transports patients as needed and assist with patient prep.
- Shares responsibility for patient safety at all times.
- Maintains an environment that is free of obstacles and hazards that could result in injury to patients and personnel.
- Assists with proper positioning of patient on procedure table per physician preference and scheduled procedure.
- Documents and charges supplies, equipment, procedures, and instruments for each procedure.
- Assists in cleaning room following procedures according to departmental policies.
- Assists in returning all supplies and equipment to proper locations following each case.
- Participates in departmental PI/QC as required.
- Ensures accurate billing of supplies and procedures per departmental policies.
- Assists in other departments as required i.e. Cardiology, Stress Testing, Cardiac Rehab, and EKG’s.
- Graduate of approved surgical technology program or equivalent
- BLS - American Heart Association - required
- ACLS required within 60 days of hire or transfer
- One (1) year experience required
- Registered Cardiovascular Interventional Specialist (RCIS) OR Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) – within the first 180 days of hire -required.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.